What the client needed
- The MPCT application had to work well on tablets, and key tasks must perform adequately on smartphones.
- We needed a consistent interface with standardised behaviours.
- Administrator activity had to be event-driven, with email notifications when intervention was required.
- The most time-consuming tasks should, as far as was feasible, be automated.
- Technology in the charity sector is often not cutting edge: the MPCT had to support IE8 and provide clear direction for applicants who attempted to use it on older browsers.
What we built it with
Potential applicants can create an account either by typing in the required information or by uploading appropriate files. After that, a confirmation message is sent to the provided email address with a clickable link for verification. A funding application can be created as soon as the account is verified.
An applicant can manage current and historic applications from the MPCT dashboard, downloading a spreadsheet with application data if necessary.
Trust Board members
Trust Board member accounts are created by an MPCT administrator. Board member dashboards display a summary of the current funding round and the ability to search, filter and export application in previous funding rounds.
As for all MPCT users, Board members have the ability to edit profile details and site preferences.
Administrators are notified of key MPCT events by email. On logging in, the dashboard gives them immediate access to and seamless editing of the most immediately important information. »
Adding notes to their dashboards allows administrators to manage pending tasks and activities.
Administrators have access to a wide range of web application settings, from file types and data limits to notifications and SMTP parameters.
The MPCT web application logs all key activity, allowing easy investigation of user issues. Administrators have access to this information through a sortable, filterable table of log entries.
When a funding round is complete and Trust Board decisions have been made, an administrator can quickly iterate through the applications to enter results and, if necessary, customise the standard letters or email messages sent to applicants.
« The footers of all administrator pages provide four columns of top level metrics.
All tables allow filtered and sorted data to be exported as a spreadsheet for external use.